Is this the best chicken marinade recipe ever? Yes, yes I believe it is. Sweet maple, funky dijon, and just enough caper juice to keep it interesting. Feel free to sub out pork chops for the chicken breast (if you want something akin to a German Senfbraten) or salmon. Pressed for time? Make it air fryer maple chicken instead (10 min at 400 degrees, check for doneness). Let’s make some Maple Dijon Chicken!
Maple Dijon Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast (or thighs, or tenders)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (agave or honey a fine swap)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 1/4 cup vinegar (apple cider preferred, but use what you have)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all non-chicken ingredients. Reserve a few tablespoons of the marinade, then mix in rest with chicken to marinade. 4 hours good. Overnight best.
- Once marinaded, cook chicken via your favorite method; I prefer grilling over medium heat, ~10 minutes until 165 deg F. Serve alongside unused marinade for dipping.