Listen. Every meal can’t be a two hour production of shopping and cooking. Sometimes you need to get food on the table now using what you have. That doesn’t mean, however, that it has to be bland or unhealthy, just that a few shortcuts may need to be utilized. This fried rice is versatile, healthy, and quick; made for those busy weeknights!
- 2 cups Cooked frozen brown rice*
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower*
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables*
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons gochujang
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (white wine or apple cider work great)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Thaw/cook/steam the rice, cauliflower, and vegetables per the directions.
- Whisk together the eggs. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat sprayed with non-stick, and add the eggs, lightly scrambling for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, gochujang, honey, vinegar, corn starch, garlic powder and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Still over medium heat, add in a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the pineapple for 1-2 minutes.
- Boost the heat to high, and the rice, cauliflower, and vegetables to the pineapple. Stir and toss for 2-3 minutes, or until a bit of color forms on the cauliflower.
- Stir in the sauce and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat and fold in eggs. Serve immediately topped with sriracha and/or sesame seeds.
*Have fresh/cooked? Want to use last nights leftovers? Be my guest.