Instant Pot BBQ Pork
BBQ pork without a smoker
Servings 16 servings
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce I used a tangy mustard based Carolina sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Onion
- 1/3 cup BBQ seasoning, below
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar brown sugar good too
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup ground coffee**
Cube pork into 1" pieces and coat with BBQ seasoning (save any excess). In a cast iron pan over medium pan, brown pork in batches.
Once pork is browned, add to Instant Pot* along with the stock, BBQ sauce, vinegar, extra rub, and onion (sliced thin). Cook on high for 4 hours or until tender. Alternatively, pressure cook for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Serve piled high on a nice roll with some coleslaw and pickles for maximum awesomeness!
*I love my Ninja Foodi, which does everything you could want and is very reasonable on Amazon. Snag one here!
**I used coffee from my friends at Batch coffee (batchcoffee.co.uk), because it is fruity and complex, perfect for this rub!
Serving: 6People | Calories: 178kcal