Nachos + cast iron = best friends. Make this cast iron nacho recipe on the grill and take the flavor to 11! Make it air fryer nachos by cooking at the same temperature for 10 minutes. Top with my turkey chorizo or my Adobo Pork; either way it’s delicious Cast Iron Nachos!
Cast Iron Nachos
- 1 pound cooked chorizo (feeling bold? Use brats! Feeling healthy? Use my homemade turkey chorizo!)
- 20 corn tortillas (or regular corn chips, just skip the first step)
- 1 onion, diced (protip, lightly salt after cutting to take away the bite)
- 2 cups cheese
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno
- 2 cups nacho type toppings (you know, tomatoes, rice, beans, olives, whatever you like)
- Preheat grill to medium heat or oven to 350 degrees. As it heats, cut tortillas into quarters. Arrange tortillas on a cast iron or sheet pan, lightly salt, and cook for ~8 minutes or until crisp. (Now would be a great time to chop veggies or cook meat, if needed)
- Once tortillas crisp, sprinkle on cheese, onion, and meat (in that order). Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until cheese is as melty as you like.
- Once all is baked/cooked, assemble nachos. I don't think you need my help with this. Top with the jalapenos. Serve right out of the pan.