Homemade Turkey Chorizo! This couldn’t be easier, and makes for weeknight taco (or burrito or pasta or tacos or) magic! I put this chorizo recipe on everything, especially my quick chilaquiles!
Homemade Turkey Chorizo
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons guajillo chile powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cloves (Optional but nice)
- Put large skillet over medium heat. Brown turkey in a bit of your favorite sauté oil, 5-6 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add spices/powders and stir to coat and cook out, 2-3 minutes
- Add red wine vinegar. Stir for a minute to combine.
- Serve on tacos, best paired with a broccoli slaw and guacamole.