Korean Short Ribs are sweet, savory, meaty beef short ribs that are truly delicious.. so why not make them into short rib tacos? This recipe takes the wonderful combo of flavors and boosts it to 11 using a little time and a lot of taco magic. If you happen to be short (pun intended) on time, pressure cook these for 40 minutes, then reduce the sauce. May I present my latest show shopping taco: Korean Short Rib Tacos!
Korean Short Rib Tacos
- 2 pounds short ribs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar, divided (use rice wine or white wine)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (or sriracha)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 flour tortillas
- green onions (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- sriracha mayo (for garnish)
- Place saute pan on high heat for 4 minutes. Sear short ribs on all sides, 4-5 minutes total.
- Place short ribs, soy sauce, 1/4 cup of the vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, and gochujang into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- As meat cooks, thinly slice onion. Place sliced onion into small pot with salt, white sugar, remaining 3/4 cup of vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then immediately cool.
- Once meat is cooked, remove from slow cooker and whisk in cornstarch (premixed with a splash of water). Shred short ribs and serve on tortillas, garnished with the picked onion, green onion, mayo, and a splash of the braising liquid.