Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with a unique recipe that combines the earthy flavors of artichokes with the creamy richness of feta cheese. Artichokes, with their tender hearts and subtle nutty taste, are often underutilized in home cooking. In this recipe, we take these versatile vegetables to new heights by using them as a flavorful stuffing for juicy chicken breasts.
The combination of artichokes and feta cheese creates a harmonious blend of savory flavors that will leave you craving more. This Artichoke and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast is a delicious way to elevate your weeknight meals and impress your family or guests with minimal effort.
Artichoke and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped artichoke hearts, crumbled feta cheese, chopped basil leaves, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the stuffing mixture.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and make a horizontal slit along the side of each breast to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Stuff each chicken breast with a generous amount of the artichoke and feta mixture, pressing it firmly to fill the pocket.
- Secure the openings with toothpicks or kitchen twine to ensure the stuffing stays in place during cooking.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sear the stuffed chicken breasts on each side for about 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Transfer the seared chicken breasts to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the succulent Artichoke and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast as a main course, accompanied by your favorite side dishes or a fresh salad.