If you’re seeking a seafood dish that combines simplicity with exquisite flavors, look no further than this unique recipe featuring halibut. Halibut, known for its firm and delicate flesh, is a prized fish that lends itself perfectly to a variety of culinary preparations. In this Herb-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce, we take this delicious fish to new heights by pairing it with a flavorful herb crust and a zesty buttery sauce.
The herb crust adds a delightful layer of aromatic herbs and breadcrumbs, creating a crisp and flavorful coating that perfectly complements the tender halibut. Paired with a tangy and velvety lemon butter sauce, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
So, let’s dive into this simple yet unique recipe and savor the delectable flavors of Herb-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce!
Herb-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, fresh parsley, dill, chives, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create the herb crust mixture.
- Pat dry the halibut fillets with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the halibut fillets on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down if applicable.
- Press a generous amount of the herb crust mixture onto the top side of each halibut fillet, ensuring an even coating.
- Bake the herb-crusted halibut in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- While the halibut is baking, prepare the lemon butter sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the herb-crusted halibut from the oven and serve it drizzled with the zesty lemon butter sauce.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs or lemon zest, if desired.
- Serve the Herb-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce alongside your favorite sides such as roasted vegetables or a light salad. Enjoy the delightful flavors and textures!