Ricotta cheese is a versatile ingredient that can be used in sweet and savory dishes alike. It has a creamy texture and a mild, slightly sweet flavor that makes it perfect for adding richness to a variety of dishes. One of my favorite ways to use ricotta cheese is in a classic Italian dish called Baked Ziti. This hearty casserole is made with ziti pasta, a rich tomato sauce, and plenty of ricotta and mozzarella cheese. It’s a crowd-pleasing meal that’s perfect for a cozy night in with family or friends. Here’s how to make my Baked Ziti with Ricotta Cheese!
Baked Ziti with Ricotta
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cook the ziti pasta 3 minutes shy of the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the cooked ziti pasta to the skillet and stir to coat with the tomato sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread half of the pasta mixture evenly in the bottom. Spoon the cheese mixture over the pasta, spreading it evenly. Top with the remaining pasta mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the pasta is heated through. Serve hot and enjoy the deliciousness of ricotta cheese in every bite!