Indiana boy goes Indian for this Weeknight Chicken Tikka Masala. It’s a solid versatile sauce; don’t be afraid to skip the chicken for veggies or tofu!
This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is easy, can be made in the Instant Pot, and is beyond flavorful!
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 cups fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine shallot, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes, then add in all spices and salt/pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Once spices are cooked out, add in tomato and coconut milk. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- As sauce cooks, place large frying pan over high heat. Sear chicken thighs again with a bit of sauté oil for 5 minutes a side. Once cooked, nestle in with the sauce to finish cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked and sauce simmered, serve hot over rice.