This BBQ Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice is low key perfect. Sometimes you need to get food on the table now using what you have. That doesn’t mean, however, that it has to be bland or unhealthy, just that a few shortcuts may need to be utilized. Here comes BBQ chicken paired with pineapple fried rice, which is versatile, healthy, and quick; made for those busy weeknights!
BBQ Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cups vegetables (frozen mixed or leftovers)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (white wine or apple cider work great)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- non-stick spray
- sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- 2 Cups cooked chicken
- Cook the frozen cauliflower per package directions. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, BBQ sauce, vinegar, corn starch, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat sprayed with non-stick, and add the eggs, lightly scrambling for 2-3 minutes. Remove eggs from pan and, you guessed it, set aside.
- Still over medium heat, add in a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and cook the pineapple for 1-2 minutes.
- Boost the heat to high, and add the rice, cauliflower, and vegetables to the pineapple. Stir and toss for 3 minutes, or until a bit of color forms on the cauliflower.
- Stir in the sauce and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat and fold in eggs and chicken. Serve immediately topped with more sriracha, sesame seeds, and another fried egg if you like. Enjoy your Pineapple Fried Rice!
**Want to take this to 11? Make the following for Bulgogi Korean fried rice: 1 pound ground beef 3 tablespoons gochujang or sriracha 3 cloves garlic 1 tablespoon ginger 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey 1 lime