This easy Grilled Sirloin Steak Recipe is a favorite for everyone. Pair with a salad for maximum awesome.
Grilled Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat grill to high. Coat steak in oil, and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Ensure grill grates are very clean. Grill the steak for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until done to the degree of doneness you prefer (3 minutes a side for 1″ thick steak is medium rare).
- Once the steak is done, let rest for 5 minutes, then slice very thinly against the grain of the meat (this is important, use an electric knife if you have one) and serve.
The steak has lukewarm red/purple center. Medium Rare -130F
Steak will have warm red center. Medium – 140F
The steak will have a hot pink center. Medium Well -150F
The steak will have a mostly brown center. Well Done – 160+F
The steak will have a dark brown center.