General Tso Chicken Tacos are a lot. Why fuse together classic Chinese American food into tacos? Because I can, that’s why. You know what this is. Spicy, sticky chicken in a taco. Yeah, its really that good. In 20 minutes, using your instant pot or air fryer. Bonus points if you have an air fryer; try tossing the chicken in 1/2 cup of cornstarch and air frying for 15 minutes for an extra crunch. Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken Tacos really are that good.
Instant Pot General Tso’s Tacos
- 2 Pounds Boneless chicken
- 1/4 Cup gochujang (See below for substitution ideas)
- 1/4 Cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Bunch Scallion
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Cups broccoli slaw mix
- Mince garlic and ginger. Combine with gojuchang, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, and corn starch into saucepot on low heat to just a simmer.
- Cube chicken into taco sized chunks, season with salt and pepper. In a large pan over medium high heat or instant pot on "Saute more", spray with non stick, and saute chicken until cooked and 165 deg F, ~5-7 minutes depending on size.
- As chicken cooks, dress slaw with salt, pepper, and a splash of rice wine vinegar. Slice scallion, set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, immediately toss into warm sauce to coat. Assemble tacos, garnishing with extra sauce, scallion, and sesame seeds.