Its early spring in the Midwest, which means its Fish Fry szn. Fish fries (frys?) are amazing, but we know that they aren’t exactly goal friendly. Hence this 20 minute baked (or air fried!) recipe that pairs amazingly with, say, a World Famous tartar sauce that’s dairy and mayo free. This Crispy Air Fried Cod recipe is a new Friday favorite!
Crispy Air Fried Cod
- 4 pieces cod (~5 oz portions)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400 deg f. Spray sheetpan with non-stick spray.
- In three bowls, combine cornstarch/garlic powder/paprika/salt/pepper, eggs (beaten with a splash of water), and panko. Bread cod in cornstarch, eggs (shaking off the excess), then panko. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.