This six ingredient kale, Italian sausage, and pasta dish is simplicity at its finest. While the pairing is not new, I feel that this straightforward approach brings out the best in every ingredient.. in under 20 minutes. Get ready for a new weeknight staple; let’s make my Kale and Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe!
Kale and Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound hot italian sausage (great place to use a turkey sausage)
- 1 pound short cut pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 pound kale, chopped fine (they sells bags of this… do that)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- black pepper
- Place heavily salted pot of water on to boil. Cook pasta for 2 minutes short of package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water prior to draining.
- As pasta cooks, place large dutch oven or wide rimmed pan on medium high heat. Brown sausage using a bit of your favorite saute oil). Make sure sausage is very browned and very crumbled.
- Once sausage is cooked, add in garlic, kale, cooking water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to cook the kale, 2-3 minutes.
- Once kale starts to turn bright green, add in pasta and cheese. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone. Serve immediately topped with more cheese and grinds of black pepper.