Orzo is vastly underrated. The size of rice, but the texture and flavor of pasta. This dish takes advantage of both of those features, paired with a subtle yet tangy Greek chicken and a dressing that ties the dish together. The mint finish brings a nice freshness to the party, and it can’t be understated. Check out this Greek Chicken and Orzo recipe!
Greek Chicken and Orzo
- 1 pound chicken (cubed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 pound orzo
- 4 lemons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 10 mint leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine juice of the lemons, mustard, honey, and olive oil. Whisk together and set aside.
- Prepare orzo per package directions in heavily salted water. Undercook the orzo by 1-2 minutes.
- As orzo cooks, place large saute pan over high heat. Toss chicken in salt and pepper and brown, 6-7 minutes. Once cooked, finish with the oregano.
- As everything else cooks, halve tomatoes and chop scallions.
- As everything comes together, toss chicken, orzo, tomatoes, scallions, and dressing to combine. Finish with the torn mint and pine nuts, and serve with a roasted veggie.