Delight your taste buds and make the most of abundant summer zucchinis with this delicious zucchini bread recipe. Moist, tender, and lightly sweetened, this bread is a wonderful way to incorporate the wholesome goodness of zucchini into a delightful treat. With warm hints of cinnamon and a satisfying texture, each slice is a delightful balance of flavors. Whether enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or for a cozy dessert, this zucchini bread will surely become a household favorite. Let’s get baking this summer zucchini bread!
Summer Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium-sized zucchinis)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven and prepare the pan: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugars: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix. The batter may be slightly lumpy.
- Add the zucchini and nuts: Gently fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts (if using), ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Bake the zucchini bread: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top of the bread starts browning too quickly, you can tent it with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Cool and serve: Once baked, remove the zucchini bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve at room temperature and enjoy the delightful flavors of this homemade zucchini bread.