I have two versions of this dressing (which goes on burgers/fries/veggies/salads); the full fat “its a holiday and I’m worth it” and the lower cal “I had three donuts today and I still have powdered sugar on my chin”. Put this sauce on burgers, potatoes, roasted veggies, anything! Lets make healthy (or not!) Seven Thousand Island Dressing!
7 Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 Egg *for full cal*
- 1 cup canola oil *for full cal* OR
- 1 cup Silken Tofu *not so full cal*
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (don't measure this, just, grind)
- Place egg, spoon of vinegar, and a spoon of mustard in a blender. Pour oil on top and allow to settle for 15 seconds, then turn blender on high speed. As mayonnaise forms, slowly tilt blender, blend for one minute. Add in everything else (including the rest of the vinegar and mustard) but the pickles, blend for another 30 seconds. Decant from blender, stir in pickles.
Not so full cal:
- Put everything but the pickles in your blender. Blend until combined. Decant, fold in pickles.