These breakfast sausage appetizers, made from sausage meatballs formed with a goat cheese cream sauce are unworldly. Extremely simple to make, yet as elegant as you can imagine. I used Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage (and yes, I am a brand partner of theirs) to make these meatballs. Bonus; they are ready in well under 30 minutes!
Breakfast Sausage Meatball Appetizers
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage patties
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- bagel chips
- Salt and Pepper
- Divide each sausage patty into quarters. Form each into small balls.
- Set a sauté pan over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter. Pan fry the meatballs in two batches for 7-8 minutes or until fully cooked, turning often.*
- As sausage cooks, place small saucepan over medium heat. Add in butter and flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in milk, sage, and Worcestershire Sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then remove from heat. Off the heat, whisk in the goat cheese.
- Once sausage and sauce is prepared, assemble as shown and serve immediately.