Is this Buffalo Chicken Wonton recipe the perfect party food? Yes. Yes it is. Make double. Cheesy buffalo chicken dip inside a crisp wonton is easy and beyond crowd pleasing. This Buffalo Chicken Wonton recipe (which is also a fantastic dip) is your new goto!
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 2 pounds Cooked chicken I prefer grilled thighs, but rotisserie works amazing
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 70-80 wontons
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Sweat garlic with a heavy pinch of salt and pepper for 3 minutes. Whisk in buffalo sauce and cornstarch (loosened with a bit of water). Remove from heat.
- Preheat over to 425 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine chopped scallions, chicken, cheese, and buffalo sauce. Fill wontons with heaping teaspoon of filling. Wet all sides with water and press to close. Place on non-stick sprayed cookie sheet.*
- Bake wontons for 12-14 minutes, or until corners brown. Serve immediately.