If I need more introduction for this Frozen Chocolate Strawberry Pie recipe, you must not have a sweet tooth. The beauty behind this recipe is the use of yogurt, which cuts calories from a typical cream pie, though you would never know it. Feel free to use real whipped cream here, but to be honest the frozen tub version makes a better product (and I’ll never tell). So, who wants a slice of Frozen Chocolate Strawberry Pie?
Frozen Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- 1 pint strawberries (or 3 cups frozen)
- 1.5 cups greek yogurt (vanilla or strawberry good)
- 2 cups whipped cream (plus some for serving)
- 1 chocolate graham cracker pie shell
- Chocolate Sauce (Optional Drizzle)
- Hull the strawberries, and then add to a blender with a pinch of salt. Blend on high for one minute to liquify.
- Once strawberries are pureed, strain through a sieve if you have one and add to a large mixing bowl. Fold in yogurt and whipped cream. Once just combined, pour into the pie shell.
- Freeze pie for at least 6 hours before serving, though overnight is best. Serve with a bit of whipped cream on top. Try not to eat it all yourself.