I don’t think there’s a better weeknight protein than roasted salmon. Healthy, tasty, and easy, plus it makes great leftovers in a salad. I prefer to buy a side of salmon and roast it whole, as it’s usually a good bit cheaper and cooks nicely, especially if you’re a fan of crispy salmon skin. Air fryer salmon is also a possibility here too! Pair with a simple salad or grilled veggies (Brussels sprouts and broccoli work great with this mustard forward sauce) and crush your weeknight meal.
Cubed Lemon Roasted Salmon
- 2-3 Pounds Salmon skin on
- 1 lemons
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- 2 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper
- Aluminum foil
- Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place baking sheet into oven to preheat at this time.
- Using your sharpest knife, cut the salmon into 1 1/2" cubes. Try and make each cube about the same size the best you can.
- Spray a baking sheet sized piece of foil with the non stick spray. Season the foil with 1/4 of the salt, then arrange the salmon skin side down in a single layer. Carefully place on the pre-heated baking sheet and roast until 135 deg F, 12-14 minutes.
- As salmon cooks, combine juice of lemons, mustard, dill, capers, and brine. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Season with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Once salmon is cooked, serve immediately, lightly covered in the dill sauce.