Okay, I know what you’re thinking. “I can’t make something as complicated sounding as shrimp spring rolls”.
Yes. You can.
Can you roll a burrito? Can you make a lunch wrap?
Yes? Then you can make a shrimp spring roll.
No? Sure you can, I believe in you.
Need more motivation? It’s ready in about 10 minutes and you can eat about 100 before you feel any sort of caloric guilt.
Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 1 pound cooked shrimp smaller ones work best
- 3 tablespoons gochujang sriracha good too
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or honey
- 2 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar or lime juice
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw mix
- 12 rice paper spring roll skins
- Optional: pickled onions* jalapenos, etc
- Combine slaw mix with one tablespoon vinegar and heavy pinch of salt. Stir and set aside.
- Mince garlic and ginger and add gochujang, soy sauce, mirin, and rice vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- Assemble spring rolls (shrimp/slaw/sauce): this video below will help. Just know that you’ll probably lose the first roll, and its okay to double wrap a roll. Serve immediately with a side of soy for dipping.