Taquito is Spanish for “Little Taco”, and Jim for “best game day snack ever invented”. This air fryer chicken taquito recipe is easy to make, and even easier to eat, if you catch me. Use whatever filling you like; shredded chicken, homemade chorizo, and this buffalo chicken filling are some of my favorites. My only advice is to make triple, as these reheat nicely. And, for once, the air fryer is the perfect cooking method for these, even over a deep fryer, as the hot air will crisp the taquitos without making them greasy. Let’s make some Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos!
Air Fried Chicken Taquitos
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 20 corn tortillas
- Your favorite salsa for dipping
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 375 deg F.
- Combine all non-tortilla/ non salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds (This helps a ton with rolling).
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the filling into each tortilla, and roll up.. If the roll isn’t holding, use a toothpick to pin them into place.
- Spray each taquito with a hint of oil spray and hit with a pinch of salt. Air fry for 6-8 minutes or bake for 12-14 or until everything is super crispy. Serve immediately. Don’t burn your mouth