Ground venison is a lean and flavorful alternative to beef that’s perfect for adding variety to your meals. These savory and delicious venison meatballs are a great way to showcase the delicious flavor of ground venison in a different way. They’re packed with herbs and Parmesan cheese, making them a satisfying and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a cozy dinner at home or a party appetizer. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these meatballs in no time and enjoy their delicious flavor in every bite.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 egg , beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Marinara sauce for serving
- Optional: additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground venison, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, chopped basil, minced garlic, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything together until well combined. Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking dish and bake them in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Serve the meatballs hot, with marinara sauce on the side for dipping or spooning over the top. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs if desired.
- Enjoy the savory and delicious flavor of these ground venison meatballs as a tasty and satisfying main dish or appetizer!