This basic and easy roasted chicken recipe is a must in your lineup. Use this whole roasted chicken in a classic like my chicken noodle soup!
Roasted Whole Chicken
Servings 1 chicken
- 1 chicken (whole, 3-4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place roasting pan on a rack on the lower 1/3 of the oven.
- Rub outside of the chicken with oil, then enough salt and pepper to coat (about 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of ground pepper).
- Once oven is preheated, let pan warm for an additional 10 minutes. Carefully place chicken in the hot pan breast side up and roast for 60-70 minutes, or until the internal temperature at the breast is 165 degrees.
- Once cooked, remove and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Serving: 1chicken | Calories: 1kcal