Just imagine the next cookout you attend, bringing this German potato salad, listening to all of the cheers and hearty thank yous as you singlehandedly make everyone’s day. There’s no secret here, just lots of great ingredients like mustard and capers. Pro tip: top it with some bacon to turn it to 11. May I present my German Potato Salad recipe:
German Potato Salad
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (Or a small white potato)
- 2/3 Cup Sherry or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 Cup Bread and Butter Pickles
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons capers (Plus a splash of brine)
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup scallions
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Cut potatoes into rough bitesize chunks, it doesn't have to be exact. Arrange on two non-stick sprayed baking sheets, season with 1/2 of the salt, and roast for 30 minutes.
- As potatoes cook, roughly chop the pickles, capers, rosemary, scallions, and parsley. Combine thoroughly with vinegar, mustard, oil, remaining teaspoon of salt, and some heavy grinds of black pepper.
- When potatoes are cooked, immediately transfer to very large mixing bowl. Add the dressing slowly as you mix; the potatoes should gently break apart, which is a good thing. Serve warm or at room temperature.