Tomato soup, flavored like pizza? In. Extreme, extreme in. Also, don’t skip the broiling of the bread and pepperoni for the soup. It is *everything*. It’s a Pizza Soup recipe, and yes, it really is that amazing.
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cans crushed tomato (28 oz per can)
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pepperoni (dont measure, leftover pepperoni rocks)
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pepperoncini rings
- In blender, combine onion, garlic, and crushed tomato. Blend until smooth.
- Add proto-soup to large dutch oven over medium heat along with butter, stock, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper flakes, and dried herbs. Bring to simmer and keep it there for 20 minutes.
- As soup simmers, cube bread and place on cookie sheet along with the pepperoni. Toast under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and pepperoni is just crisp.*
- Once soup has simmered and toppings done, make a bowl of soup! Top with the cheese, croutons, pepperoni, pepperoncini, and a grind of pepper. Enjoy. Don't burn your mouth.