Eggplant Parmesan is a newcomer into my arsenal, but is now a mainstay. Rumored to be one of Tom Brady’s favorite meals, this dish is straightforward to make in either baked the oven or air fryer, ridiculously healthy, and darn tasty to boot, this healthy eggplant Parmesan recipe is a winner! I recommend pairing with my Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Polenta. Let’s make Eggplant Parmesan!
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus some for the eggplant curing)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- olive oil spray
- Peel your eggplant. Slice lengthways into 1/2" slices; I usually get 5-6 per eggplant. Place on baking sheet lined with paper towels or draining rack. Literally salt both sides of the eggplant and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven or airfryer to 375 degrees. In three dishes, combine:flour/garlic powder/onion powder/1 teaspoon of salt/black peppereggs (beaten)/milkPanko/Parmesan
- Rinse eggplant slices under water and dry with a clean towel. Bread into flour, then eggs, then panko.
- Cook eggplant for ~8 minutes in the air fryer or 14 in the oven or until golden.
- Once eggplant is crispy, remove from oven. Spray or drizzle some olive oil on top, followed by sauce, then cheese. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve. Enjoy!