This is one of my favorites. Done in around 20-30 minutes, with flavor that tastes like it took hours, this is a weeknight meal that can’t be beat.
- 1 pound, raw 21-30 shrimp, peeled & deveined*
- 3 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup milk (cow, almond, soy, etc)
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes
- Cajun Seasoning (see recipe below)
- Chimichurri (Recipe here)
- Olive Oil
- Prepare chimichurri and cajun seasonings, below.
- In a large saucepan, combine stock, milk, butter, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and simmer, whisking often, until thick and completely smooth, in about 10 minutes.
- Place cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Sauté tomatoes in cast iron over medium heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and set aside.
- Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Toss with olive oil and saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once grits are finished, Slowly stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve topped with shrimp, tomatoes, and chimichurri.
Note:Below seasoning is for 1 lb shrimp
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Please follow and like us: