My Korean BBQ Rice Bowl is arguably the perfect recipe. Think Korean BBQ meets Chinese takeout, only better. Customizable to any taste, works with whatever protein you have, and extremely easy. Oh, and this rice bowl takes under 30 minutes, which is wild for how delicious it is. Let’s make my Korean BBQ Rice Bowl!
Korean BBQ Rice Bowl
- 1 pound ground beef (chicken, turkey, or pork all work great too)
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (or sriracha)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 limes (Rice wine or apple cider vinegar subs nicely)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- sriracha mayo (for the drizzle)
- In large saucepan over medium high heat with a tablespoon of your favorite saute oil, brown meat, 7-8 minutes. As the meat cooks, mince garlic and ginger and combine with gochujang, soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, and juice of lime. Pour sauce into pan with meat and cook 1-2 minutes.
- As meat cooks, steam broccoli/cook rice. Frozen totally okay here!
- Once meat is cooked, make a bowl as shown. Top with a bit more soy sauce, sesame seeds, and sriracha mayo. Enjoy. That's an order.