This pickle brine chicken just flat gets it. Chicken is tasty, but it sure needs love. This is my go-to for just about any chicken I make, and for good reason. The ingredients may look, unusual. Just know that your favorite fast casual fried chicken, the ones you wait in line hours for, follow a *very* similar playbook. This chicken can be grilled as is, or fried using a similar technique to my Hot Honey Chicken. Either way, this one is a Winner Winner Pickle Brine Chicken Dinner!
Pickle Brine Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1/2 cup milk (soy, cow, whatever, just make it unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine everything. Marinade for 4 hours.
- Grilled: Pat chicken dry and grill just as you would any chicken
- Fried: Do not pat chicken dry and toss in a combination of 1 cup rice or AP flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Set oven/ air fryer to 400 deg F. Air fry for 12 minutes or bake for 20 minutes, until 165 deg F.