Homemade pizza is sublime. Whether baked or grilled, there’s just something about the allure of making a fresh pie. This dough “hacks” the 2 day cold rise sourdough pizza recipes using our good friend beer and a little science too. Also, this goes perfectly on the grill! Beer pizza dough is going to be your new goto recipe. Let’s bake some Sourdough Beer Pizza Dough!
Sourdough Beer Pizza Dough
- 6 cups AP flour
- 1.25 cups warm water
- 1 cup beer (neutral lagers work best)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 envelopes rapid rise yeast
- In your stand mixer or large bowl, combine water, sugar, yeast, and one cup of flour. Gently combine and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Following the rest period, pour in beer and begin to mix (use the hook attachment on your stand mixer) on low. Gently pour in flour, salt, and oil. Let mix for 5 minutes on medium low speed (scraping the bowl as needed to keep the dough in the bowl).
- Once mixed, form into ball and cover with a clean towel to rise for 2 hours, punching down the dough every hour.
- Once risen, form dough onto your favorite pizza pan. Be sure to get it up the sides, 1/2” thick all around Traditional: Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.Cast iron skillet, bake just the dough at 375 for 5 minutes, then top and finish for 15-20 minutes or until very golden.