There’s nothing more summer than a nice BLT sandwich. The salty bacon, with the savory tomato and crisp lettuce is a winner every time. Let’s take that classic and reimagine it a bit (say for those winter months) by tossing it on the air fryer. The smoky char of the air fryer lettuce adds some depth, which paired with the dressing is a winner. This BLT salad recipe also uses a bit of optional science, if you’re daring enough (though my 60 second homemade aioli is a nice sub). Let’s make an Air Fryer BLT Salad!
Air Fryer BLT Salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 1/2 loaf french bread
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (or olive oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan Gum* (optional, but very cool)
- Prepare the bacon however you like your bacon; I air fry mine at 400 until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Keep the air fryer warm.
- As bacon cooks, keep air fryer at 400. Cut both the french bread and romaine in half. Air fry the bread, lettuce, and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes a side.
- For the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, and a tablespoon of water into a small blender or other cool mixing device and mix for 30 seconds. If using the Xanthan gum, add slowly when the blender is running.
- Once everything is cooked, roughly chop the bacon/bread and separate the lettuce, plate, serve, enjoy, repeat.