Making your own homemade mustard is both far easier than you would think, extremely tasty, and cost affordable. That’s a win win win! This is my go-to recipe for anything that calls for any grainy or dijon mustard, and is a great sauce for pork, chicken, or potatoes. Make sure you buy your mustard seeds in bulk; the markup of the small jars is outrageous. Let’s make some tangy, slightly sweet Homemade Wheat Beer Mustard!
Homemade Wheat Beer Mustard
- 1 cup beer (pick something classic and mild for a basic mustard, or like a wheat beer for something bolder)
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds (I used yellow and brown)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine beer and mustard seeds. Let sit *uncovered* in the fridge overnight.
- Once seeds are soaked, drain beer from seeds, saving the mustard seeds. Combine mustard seeds and remainder of ingredients into blender. Pulse until mostly smooth, 30 seconds. Store in the fridge at least overnight, and for up to 3-4 days.. if it will last that long.